Thursday 16 September 2010

Initial Pitches

Saltwater- chicane / Sandstorm- Da rude -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6jKV9TPLc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYxT9GM0fQ

As both songs are fast paced I wanted there to be a lot of action in the video so I was thinking of having a girl in a white flowing dress running through the woods, as if being chased. Having extreme close ups of the face and feet, (especially when on the line ‘open your eyes’ in the saltwater song). The locations I was thinking of using were a wooded area and also a beach. I thought that the closest wooded location for the woods would be either Darenth Country park or Darenth woods and the nearest beach perhaps Herne Bay or Leysdown beach. The story of the video would be a girl running, constantly looking over her shoulder and pushing her way through the woods, as if needing to get out, and then I would cut from the woods onto the beach. Almost feeling like she was running to the sea. I would have lots of different camera shots such as low angles, medium close up, extreme close up and I was also thinking of doing 360 degree pans around the girl and having some shots where the girl is running through the shot. I would also like to add special effects afterwards such as her running in slow motion and when running towards the camera have the shot almost freeze and then skip forward, almost as if jumping. In some places I would have it fast paced such as when the song speeds up, and when she runs out of the woods and starts running onto the beach I was going to have a split screen so that I could merge the two locations together. I thought that maybe using effect of smoke would be good when filming the running so that there was more depth to the shot. Ideas of doing this would be a smoke machine or and added effect after.

Warwick avenue- Duffy-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZ5-L9znt8

For this song I was thinking of using a girl again, so that the singing would match, as this song is quite a sad song I was thinking of doing it in black and white so the clothes would be monotone so that it fit in with the mood. The story I was thinking of doing in the video would be of a couple, a boy and a girl, having an argument, resulting in the girl walking out and getting into the back seat of a car and driving away. Then I would film from the back seat of the car and have the girl lip syncing the words. When she gets out of the car she sits and waits on a bench still singing, and when the songs about to finish she walks past the entrance of the tube station Warwick Avenue. The locations I would use for this video would be a normal house so that I can have argument at the beginning in it and then I will need to shoot the outside of the house as she walks away. I would also need to film in the backseat of a car and of the girl on a bench. The last location would be the tube station. I think that the camera angles should be medium close up and mid shots to show the emotion in the girls face as it’s quite a sad song. After deciding what I wanted to do for the song I then watched the video and found that my idea was very similar to the actual video for the song. So there may be a few changes that I need to make so that they aren’t so similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment